Sunday, September 25, 2016

Fall 2016 Newsletter - Missing Beloved Krishna



Fall 2016 Newsletter


Happy Autumn Beloveds!

I'm sitting in the warm autumn breeze out back looking over my private yard here in the middle of Timonium. A little white 


butterfly dances past in the breeze, leaves and acorns scattered by my feet. One last bloom of the summer graces the 

Rose of Sharon nearby as a few red roses decorate the bush by my grape vine shaded patio. Fall has arrived with its 

late summer feeling. Blue skies and wispy white clouds overhead. Looking up I see lacy oak leaves lit by the sun, 

glittering like diamonds. Breathing in this beautiful moment! I hope your fall season is full of lovely moments. I'd love to 

hear about them!



In contrast, my end of summer brought unexpected grief. My beautiful young friend Krishna Naidu left this planet near 

the end of August. He was one of my Tantra teachers, a Tantric lover and a dear dear friend. I met him in 2008. He
would travel through and stay with me as he crossed the country offering sessions and Tantric teachings. In the last few 

years he'd moved out to Washington State and wasn't traveling east much. We had only talked a few times in the last 

couple years, sadly. Such a sweet loving and gifted soul he was. His epilepsy took his life as he had often feared it 

would. He was only 37. I'm heartbroken and slowly recovering from the shock of this loss.


Krishna taught me to savor life, to slow down and really enjoy each precious moment in all its splendor. He taught me how to be present with the energy of our bodies and the energy of the foods we put in them. I learned how to eat a blueberry properly. How you may ask? Well, you first select the perfect washed berry. Then gaze at it in your hand, smell it, feel it's texture. You gently put it on your tongue or, better yet, have your lover place it in on your tongue. Feel it inside your mouth with your eyes closed. Begin to roll it around gently feeling the shape and texture of the berry's skin against your tongue and mouth. After the berry is warmed and softened you slowly press it with your tongue until the berry splits and the sweet juice pours out. Play with the texture of the split berry a bit before you begin to chew it slowly. Savor each change of the fruit as you are nourished by its offering to you. If there is a seed, bite down on it and see if you can feel the energy of the seed explode in your mouth. That's how to eat a blueberry!
One of my favorite memories of Krishna is from a dinner out at an area restaurant. He consciously poured over the menu, finally selecting a Cobb salad. Here's the photo of him deliberating over the menu.



When the meal came he savored each bite as he combined different flavors together and then, beaming and grinning, fed me each of his delicious creations. Thank you, Beloved, for coming into my life. It is indeed much richer filled with memories of your deep silence, ecstatic chanting and sacred Tantric gifts. You will live in my heart forever. I look forward to your visits from spirit!
So many changes move through our lives! Fall is a great reminder of letting go with change. I work to fully feel each changing moment while letting them go. Our emotions well up to be embraced and felt fully. If we do fully feel them and can be present with their depth they usually subside like a wave in the water. See them as your children and hold them, comfort them, receive them. You'll be amazed how quickly they transition into peace or even joy when you do this. Our minds can become the trickster in the mix. It puts things on replay, often because we push away or rejected the truth of what is or has happened. See what happens when you embrace 'what is' like you would embrace a crying child needing your comfort. Let me know what happens.
I'm sending much love and many blessings your way as you and I move through the many changes here now and ahead of us.
I love you!
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment